Bringing markets to the farmgate: Redefining procurement systems for efficient value chain
Currently, India is at a unique place where its economy will not only touch US$ 5 trillion but also be self-reliant, and resilient. Farmer collectives are all set to play a big role in ensuring food and nutritional security for its 1.3 billion population. But to make it happen, a lot needs to be done as mentioned in the ‘The State of Sector report 2022 on FPOs’ to enhance their access to capital, technology, and markets, which are crucial for the evolution of the FPO sector to integrate them into Agri value chains.
To bring together various stakeholders of the Indian Agri food sector to discuss about.
- Need for rethinking traditional commodity farmgate procurement systems.
- New operating models to make value chains more efficient and inclusive (particularly, involving smallholder farmers)
- Maximizing the farmer’s share in the final price paid by the consumers
- Collectivization of farmers – role of different stakeholders
- FPO ecosystem – Current status & future potential – Policy perspective